Summary of Our Independent Plan
Our Independent Legal Plans are for those Texans that are not associated with a group or employer and are easy to start. And, when you need to use your plan, it’s simple to locate a lawyer for your specific legal matter.
Without a legal benefit plan, attorney’s fees are very expensive and can cause financial strain.
Feel confident and secure knowing you’ll have legal help no matter what life brings you.
Texas Legal was founded over 40 years ago by the State Bar and Texas State Legislature. We’ve been helping Texans with their legal needs ever since.
How it Works
- Become a member and enroll in a plan.
- Choose a payment option and pay an affordable fee.
- When you need legal assistance*, call our members-only Legal Access Line, or find a local attorney of your choice by using our online Attorney Finder.
- Your attorney will work with you from the beginning to the end of your case, including fighting for you in court if necessary.
- Texas Legal handles claims directly with your attorney and your benefits are paid.*
It’s that simple.
*There are some limitations. Please see the Certificate of Coverage for additional limitations and exclusions.
- Enroll at any time.*
- No credit checks.
- No co-pays or deductibles.
* You can enroll at any time, but you are not effective until the 1st of the following month.
- Unlimited Access to our Legal Access Line.
- Speak with an experienced attorney for general legal advice Monday through Friday 8am to 6:30pm.
- Use our Attorney Finder to find an attorney in your area.
- Use our free Initial Consultations to pick an attorney of your choice.
- With a Participating Attorney (in-network), Texas Legal will pay maximum benefits according to your plan.
- Members can also choose an attorney that does not participate and be entitled to certain reimbursement benefits.
- Texas Legal covers the majority of personal areas of law including family law, consumer law and financial law.
- Some of our most popular benefits: Estate planning, Bankruptcy, Divorce, Modification of an Existing Family Court Order.
- Our newest benefit: Identity Theft Restoration.