Work for Texans. Work at Texas Legal.
Please review our current openings below. You are encouraged to submit your resume to email@example.com for any position that interests you. If you do not see a position at this time, you may submit your resume for future consideration. All resumes and applications are strictly confidential. Thank you for your interest in Texas Legal!
Texas Legal is a nonprofit legal plan founded in 1972 by the State Bar of Texas and the Texas State Legislature in an effort to better meet the legal needs of Texans. Members pay premiums into the program and are eligible to seek legal services from a network of Participating Attorneys at virtually no cost to them.
Texas Legal is looking to hire an enthusiastic Marketing Coordinator to assist in furthering our mission through communication.
As a successful candidate, you will be involved in increasing brand awareness and increasing membership by promoting our services through various media channels. You will work closely with the Marketing Manager and our staff to achieve growth goals and objectives, such as communicating the value of our services to customers, tracking customer feedback, and representing the company at various events.
To excel in this role, you will have excellent communication skills, computer knowledge, and a strong intuition for social media. Previous copywriting experience is strongly desired, as well as knowledge of email marketing, Adobe Creative Cloud, and basic marketing principles.
- Familiarize yourself with the company’s mission, vision, and goals.
- Understand the legal needs of Texans and connect brand/company platform as part of the solution.
- Contribute to campaign strategies to increase membership and retain existing members and to help drive growth in revenue year over year.
- Identify additional areas of opportunity to advance the Texas Legal brand.
- Maintaining a positive image of the brand at all times.
– Educate Texans, existing members, HR/Benefits teams, and agents/brokers about Texas Legal and our services.
– Assist with research and development of marketing campaigns, including information design and lead generation tactics.
– Collaborate with various groups to develop presentation materials (collateral) for conferences and other speaking events.
– Copy, edit, and proofread, following corporate style guidelines.
– Support other communication efforts from initiation to execution.
– Collaborate with the Marketing Manager to develop and launch targeted communications (newsletters, blogs) for members, attorneys, employers, brokers and beyond via email and social media channels. This includes working with existing staff, external stakeholders to share stories with the general public, and ensure appropriate confidentiality with all interviewing and storytelling.
– Oversee development of videos to help educate and deliver key messages. This includes creating a video plan and calendar, working with staff and external stakeholders, script writing, creative input and management of the Texas Legal YouTube channel.
– Generate and execute social media initiatives, including creating and scheduling content.
– Engage with the public and respond to comments or questions.
– Track customer preferences, metrics, and media campaigns.
– Collaborate with the Marketing Manager to create website content in order to drive brand awareness and attract new customers.
– Ensure appropriate integration and cohesiveness between the Texas Legal website and other social media accounts.
– Monitor news articles, websites, and social media outlets relevant to the organization and provide alerts to staff.
– Assist Marketing Manager with various vendor relationships, including photography, videography, professional printing, advertising, and website developer.
– Coordinate online webinars and other events.
– Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field.
- A minimum of 2+ years experience in journalism, marketing or communications is preferred.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask and demonstrate a high degree of flexibility is a must.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to function as a dynamic team member, and develop rapport with others.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate with others.
- Ability to communicate complex information in an easy-to-understand way.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Exceptional knowledge of grammar and solid editing skills.
- Experience with email marketing and content management systems preferred.
- Adept with all aspects of social media platforms and tools.
- Insurance, Human Resources, or Legal experience is a plus but not required.
Texas Legal offers a robust benefits package for full-time employees, which includes employer-paid medical & dental insurance as well as the following:
- 401k with a 6% matching contribution
- 14 paid holidays
- 20 days of PTO per year
- Elective Flexible Spending Account/Section 125
- Employer paid Health Reimbursement Account $1,000 per year
- Education Assistance Program $2,500 per year
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer paid Legal Benefit Plan, Identity Theft Protection and Financial Counseling
- Cancer, Critical Illness, and other optional coverage available for employee purchase
- Direct Deposit
- Annual Retention Bonus
Texas Legal provided the following inclusive hiring information:
We are an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Type: Hybrid schedule, Full-time or Part-time (35 hours/week)
Texas Legal is a fantastic employer
Texas Legal offers a generous benefits package, including company-paid premiums for employee and family health, dental, and vision coverage; a company-contributed flexible spending account for eligible medical expenses; a 401k; paid vacation; and holidays. Additional benefits include optional employee-paid life insurance and AD&D, voluntary long-term disability, and an employee-contributed flexible spending account for eligible medical and dependent-care expenses.
We offer an opportunity to work with great people in an innovative environment doing great things. We have a great compensation program that includes generous benefits and attractive perks that round out the compensation package. If you think you’re the one who can make a difference in this position, please reach out today!
Texas Legal is always looking for bright, driven interns with interest in the legal field. Please contact us at (512) 327-1372 for information on intern and volunteer positions.