Fellow Texan, We’re glad you’re here!
Created in 1972 by the State Bar of Texas, Texas Legal is a non-profit Texas-based legal benefit
organization providing quality and affordable resources to help Texans resolve everyday legal matters.
Texas Legal works similarly to a health care plan, except there are no co-pays or deductibles. Our
members choose a Participating Attorney from an experienced panel that fits their legal needs.
Participating Attorneys bill Texas Legal directly for covered services and in turn Texas Legal issues
compensation directly to the Participating Attorney. Texas Legal serves to help people protect their
families, finances, and futures.
Our mission directly serves the greater mission of the State Bar of Texas. Texas Legal has partnered
with attorneys based in the Lone Star State for over 50 years, and provides Texas attorneys with a
valuable opportunity to address their responsibility to the State of Texas and the needs of Texans.
Texas Legal provides the following to Participating Attorneys:
- A free way to build your practice and gain exposure to Texas Legal’s member network.
- A personalized website listing on the Texas Legal Attorney Finder, which provides online exposure for you and your practice.
- Liberty to accept or decline cases.
- Prompt payment for services, with payments made within 7 to 10 business days of receipt of a completed claim form.
Texas Legal Participating Attorney qualifications:
- Texas licensed attorney in good standing with the State Bar of Texas.
- Maintain Professional Liability Insurance (PLI) of $100,000 per claim and $300,000 per year.
- Agree to provide services to members at Texas Legal Fee Schedule rate.
Attorney Application Process
- Completed and Signed Participating Attorney Application
- Signed Texas Legal Attorney Agreement
- Copy of your Professional Liability Insurance (PLI) Declarations Page (Dec Page) – provide a current copy of your PLI Dec Page. Texas Legal requires Participating Attorneys to have PLI coverage of $100,000 per claim and $300,000 aggregate.
- Completed W9 Form
- Completed Direct Deposit Enrollment Form
- Optional: Signed Legal Access Line Attorney Addendum