Summary of Legal Plans for Individuals
Our legal plans for individuals are affordable and easy to start. And, when you need to use your plan, it’s simple to locate a lawyer for your specific legal matter.
Without a legal benefit plan, attorney’s fees are very expensive and can cause financial strain.
Feel confident and secure knowing you’ll have legal help no matter what life brings you.
Texas Legal and its plans were founded by the State Bar of Texas.
How it works.
- Become a member and enroll in a plan.
- Choose a payment option and pay an affordable fee.
- When you need legal assistance, find the attorney of your choice.
- Texas Legal handles claims directly with your attorney and your benefits are paid.*
It’s that simple.
*There are some limitations. Please see the Certificate of Coverage for additional limitations and exclusions.
- Texas Legal covers many areas of law including family law, consumer law and financial law.
- Some of our most popular benefits: Estate planning, Bankruptcy, Divorce, Modification of an Existing Family Court Order.
- Our newest benefit: Identity Theft Restoration.
- Pick an attorney of your choice. With a Participating Attorney (in-network), Texas Legal will pay maximum benefits according to your plan.
- Use our Attorney Finder to find an attorney in your area.
- Members can also choose an attorney that does not participate and be entitled to certain reimbursement benefits.
- Enroll at any time.*
- No co-pays or deductibles.
- No credit checks.
* You can enroll at any time, but you are not effective until the 1st of the following month.
- Unlimited Access to our Legal Access Line.
- Speak with an experienced attorney for general legal advice Monday through Friday 8am to 6:30pm.